So, you’ve joined Clowdy, and you’re attracting followers and publishing great Clowds.
But you want to reach even more people, and have your Clowd featured as a Staff Pick?
Well, as you may have noticed, we recommend certain profiles to new users when they join. These artists are also recommended to users via email, and along with Staff Picks on the Discover page, it’s a great way to have both you, and your Clowds, found.
We’ve compiled a few tips on how to become one of Clowdy’s recommended followers and a Staff Pick.
- We recommend users who consistently publish great quality Clowds. It’s the very essence of Clowdy. If you create great Clowds, we sit up and take notice.
- Make sure you have detailed Clowd descriptions complete with hashtags. It helps the discovery process in Clowdy, and really is a large part of what we think makes a great Clowd. Think of a hashtag as a way to categorise your Clowd. #indie
- If a thumbnail is going to be the first thing a user and ourselves see then it helps to have something that looks professional and attractive. An album cover or band photo is perfect. Or if it’s a film then maybe a great still from one of the scenes.
- Give your Public Profile some character. Add a cover photo and add to your biography to give users the best chance to find you and your creative Clowds and also to let them know more about what you do.
- Credit other people that worked on your Clowd such as the filmmaker or the vocalist and also Credit yourself on other people’s Clowds that you were involved with. Those Clowds you are credited for will show up in your credits tab on your profile.
- Tweet to us with a link to your Clowd, a description, and the hashtag, “ClowdyStaffPick” and we’ll check it out and consider it for our weekly Staff Pick collection.
- We also give special consideration to those users who have implemented our tab on their Facebook page.
Here’s a great example of a Recommended Follower’s Profile Page. And we know what you’re thinking. “That looks just like Twitter’s new layout”. We were there first.
We don’t judge on the amount of followers you have. Whether you already have 400 followers, or just 4, if you publish great Clowds and follow the above guidelines, there’s an excellent chance we will feature you as a recommended follower and your Clowd as a Staff Pick.
Time to get creative!
The Clowdy Team